We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping at pismo in dec.

Which Oceano hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
georgia
1 post
Save Topic
camping at pismo in dec.

i will be graduating from boot-camp in dec, from georgia and my friends and i want to go to pismo and camp on the beach, we all have dirt bikes any suggestons

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping at pismo in dec.

Hi, this will get you started, then poster Kibblesmom will probably be along to give you more info:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,894 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping at pismo in dec.

half-Brit has given you the best link for your plans.

That being said, PLEASE, PLEASE read the safety section regarding operating OHV's in the dunes. A young man died out there last week after colliding with a truck. Pay special attention to the part about riding to the east. That's what got the young man killed last week... he was heading east.

The dunes are in constant movement and you absolutely MUST be aware of any changes before heading out there each day of your visit. And you should have one of your buddies be a spotter looking over the dunes to keep the rest of you and your friends safe. I recommend switching spotters on and off so you can all enjoy the dunes safely.

3. Re: camping at pismo in dec.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:25 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Oceano