We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball games

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Baseball games

I'm in SF with my wife and son (10 yrs old) and thought it would be good to see a game. Is then Oakland Athletics stadium a good place for a game and is it easy to get to by public transport from Union Square?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
42,998 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baseball games

You want to do 2 games, one in SoCal and one in NorCal. Great. Please read the TOP 10 questions about SF and there is a great article on the going to the Oakland A's game by Al Tippet

Yes it is a simple BART ride from Powell street to the Oakland Coliseum stop and a short walk into the ballpark

BART and MUNI are all explained in the Top questions. It would help to update your profile to show your home base

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baseball games

You can now go early to watch batting practice on Friday games …mlb.com/oak/ticketing/yo_knows_derby.jsp

Also because Cespedes won the HR derby, there are $5 tickets for the Friday Angels game.. All $5 sold out so if you go Friday expect the Coliseum to be hopping.. Maybe even a sellout.

BTW, direct link to the article Belo referenced is tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-c193435/San-Fr…

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
42,998 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baseball games

Al -- A couple of those bombs he hit are still missing. I think they may have landed in the Atlantic Ocean.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baseball games

Belo: the baseball was finally found a week later on a cruise ship in New England :-)

The save streak is broken and the season is still young with many more games to go, but I think OP flouride will be getting a good experience and hopefully an exciting game.

Now trying to decide whether to try to catch a test match when I visit London next month. Never watched cricket before.

Edited: 10:25 am, July 24, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
42,998 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baseball games

I did the same thing when I went to the UK and saw a one day test match with some family in the UK. It is a long day but if you like the concept of a ball and a bat hitting each other, you will like it.

6. Re: Baseball games

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, July 26, 2014