We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crab and Jazz Festival: A scam?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Crab and Jazz Festival: A scam?

Hi !

I'll be in the SF area from August 27th to Sept 4th, and was looking for some festivals. I saw that there is a festival in Oakland (the crab and jazz festival), but the website doesn't work, and another website says that it may have been a scam. So I am wondering, is that whole festival a scam? Or does the festival actually exists but the website was a fraud? Here is the website that said it was a fraud: www.jazzandcrab.myevent.com/

I'm asking this here because because I want to be sure it doesn't exist before crossing it off my travel list. It says that it's their second year running, so I was wondering if any of you guys went last year? Do you know about this scam? The idea of the festival sounded really fun so I wanted to take a chance here, in case there was a small chance it still existed !

Thank you,

Veronica

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,359 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crab and Jazz Festival: A scam?

It's not crabs season anyway. How are you even going to buy tickets even if it's not a fraud.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crab and Jazz Festival: A scam?

I have never heard of a jazz and crab festival. I would say that it is either (1) a scam or (2) a small event that proved unpopular and therefore hasn't continued.

Oakland has a popular food festival the last weekend of September called Eat Real Fest, and it has a popular concert festival the first weekend of August called Oakland Art + Soul. Unfortunately it appears you won't be in town for either one.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crab and Jazz Festival: A scam?

How can you have a crab festival when it isn't crab season? That should be your first clue.

4. Re: Crab and Jazz Festival: A scam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 04, 2014