We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Game time

Montreal
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Game time

Hi,

I'll be staying in SF in union square and I want to watch an A's game this coming Sunday afternoon...what is the best way to get there? How long is the ride? What is the cost of transportation? Can I get tickets on game day, how much time before the game should I get there?

Thanks

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,734 posts
5,812 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Game time

The game (Oakland A's versus Detroit) starts at 1:05 p.m.

The easiest way is to take BART from San Francisco to Oakland Coliseum Station, and then walk (about 10 minute walk from station into park).

http://www.bart.gov/

Not sure what you'll be doing Sunday before the game, but let's assume you use the Powell Street Station for Bart at 11:28 and arrive at 11:50; 10 minute walk; 15 minutes to buy your ticket (probably less); get into park; and buy your hot dogs and beer/soft drink....

It costs $3.15 for the route described on BART.

For tickets, it depends, but view tickets are fine if you just want to go and have a look-see for $10.00 each; tickets range up to $36.00 for plaza club. Most seats are fine - however if they say "obstructed view" ask if they have different seats as it will mean exactly that "obstructed view".

Getting tickets day of the game is fine (they never sell out....or hardly ever (can't remember last time they did during regular season.)

It is a promotional day....so if you wanted your Jason Kendall Bobble Doll, it is given to the first 15,000 fans. (if you do?, then get there about 11:00 a.m. instead as fans generally line up early to get their bobble dolls.)

For more information, go to the Oakland A's web site:http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=oak

Have fun at the game!

Montreal
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Game time

mini, thanks for the info...is it the Blue line I need to take ( Dublin/Pleasanton Train?