We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotels near San Marin

trivandrum
2 posts
Good hotels near San Marin

I am coming to Novato for 2 monts on business. Best Western is very far from my work place which is in San Marin. I can see only Travelodge which is near to San Marin. Are there any other good hotels? Travelodge does not seem to have good revies.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,824 posts
6 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Good hotels near San Marin

Your message is a little confusing. There is no city in Marin County called "San Marin", but I see now that you meant "San Marin Drive" in Novato.

AAA lists five motels for Novato - Best Western Novato Oaks Inn at 215 Alameda del Prado, Courtyard by Marriott at 1400 North Hamilton Parkway, Inn Marin at 250 Entrada, Novato Days Inn at 8141 Redwood Blvd, and the Travelodge at 7600 Redwood Blvd.

I hope that a Novato resident sees your message, or, if not, that the above information is useful to you.

Good luck.

trivandrum
2 posts
2. Re: Good hotels near San Marin

Sorry if my question was confusing. I will be working in Fire Mans Fund office.. so Best Western is little far away from Best Western.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
25 reviews
103 helpful votes
3. Re: Good hotels near San Marin

According to Google Maps, Days Inn is the closest to the Fireman's Fund, but the reviews are not very good. Inn Marin gets much better reviews, and it's only about four and a half miles from Fireman's Fund.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Good hotels near San Marin

Hi

I would look for something a little further south.

Assuming you'll have your own wheels.

The commute north from San Rafael is easy since you'll be against the traffic but you'll be nearer more stuff during your down time.

Beware the hotels next to 101. It's a busy highway and the noise doesn't drop until quite late.

Depends on your work hours maybe.

Def avoid the Days Inn. There is less than nothing there!

There's a B&B on Centre road. Has a nice review though only one.

Novato has a nice littloe down town with a few good restaurants and a couple of good bars.

Mayb try craigslist or similar for a short term rental?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Good hotels near San Marin

The travelodge would be a last resort aswell. It's next to the cement works!

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
38 helpful votes
6. Re: Good hotels near San Marin

A hotel will be built on North Redwood Blvd in a couple of years. There's a cheap chain hotel there now that looks very unappealing. Stick with Best Western Novato Oaks and just rent a car.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,824 posts
6 reviews
30 helpful votes
7. Re: Good hotels near San Marin

This thread was begun almost 7 years ago. Do not reply...too late for advice for dexter. :~)

Reply to: Good hotels near San Marin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Novato
More Novato Topics