We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help usa.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help usa.

I was just wandering if anyone had any info on WWOOFing in the california area. Ihave seen availabilities in Chino and Malibu just wandering what these places were like. Also what are the chances of geting a job with accom and board in the newport area i have been told it is beautiful around there and from what i have seen of it on the net it looks nice as well, any advice/tips would be very helpful hoping to come form england for 3-4 months maybe.Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Malibu
Malibu
California
Newport Beach, CA
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help usa.

I had to look up WWOOF to find out what it meant. So that other readers know, it is World Wide Opportunities On Organic Farms, http://www.wwoofusa.org .

Other than what I just read, I am not familiar with WWOOF; however, I can tell you that Malibu is a great place to be, as is Newport Beach. The description of a Malibu place on the WWOOF website, www.wwoofusa.org/directory_west.html#soca , sounds so good I think I want to go! :-D Of course, I have not been there, so I can't tell you what it's really like.

Good luck!

From WWOOF website:

Malibu, CA

Description of Activities: Farmer���s Markets, field trips, lecture tours. Summer and winter vegetables, 22 varieties of figs, many other fruits, raw honey, etc. Type of Work: planting, harvesting, selling, help with concerts. Length of Stay: variable, 2 days to 4 months, dependent on how earth connected. 2-3 days average. Accommodations: Tents, 10���x20���, five total. No Pets. Children on ���case by case���. Transportation available.

Mentioned in this post
Malibu
Malibu
California
Newport Beach
Newport Beach
1,194 Reviews
Newport Beach, CA