We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport options

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport options

What is best form of public transportation from LAX to Newport Beach?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport options

Public transit would be a pain, basically a bus to the Santa Ana Train Station, followed by a train to Union Station, and then the LAX Flyaway bus. Also not that cheap.

I would look into a Shared Shuttle Van. Here is a link to a service that advertises a $20 one way trip, and $13 for additional passengers picked up at the same time.

http://shuttletolax.com/

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport options

Small correction - the directions above are reversed - that's how to get to LAX from Newport. A long journey. Shared van suggestion would be quicker and probably not cost any more, plus will take you directly to where you are going in Newport - chances are after you get to the train station in Santa Ana, depending on where you are going specifically in Newport, you may need more than one bus to get there, plus some walking. Try also www.primetimeshuttle.com or www.supershuttle.com

Also, if you are coming from Chicago, you might want to look in to flying to SNA (Orange County / John Wayne) airport, which is much smaller than LAX (so quicker to get in and out of) and much closer to Newport than LAX is. But I'd only do it if you can get a direct flight (a stopover, in my mind, cancels out the benefits of it being smaller and closer to Newport) and of course if the airfare is around the same price as to LAX.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport options

I would also recommend a van service. Prime Time and Super Shuttle have dedicated vans that service the Orange County Beach communities from LAX. You get them right outside of the terminal. I would also advise trying to fly into Orange County. Sometimes the far is less than flying into LAX and it is much more convenient to Newport Beach. At SNA you can either take a shared van or a taxi (about $25 depending on where you are going in NB).

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport options

I suggest calling Karmel shuttle. They have both shared vans and private car service.

http://www.karmel.com/

5. Re: Transport options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 25, 2014