We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on things to do while at Newport Beach

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tips on things to do while at Newport Beach

Hi.We will be spending 10 days at Newport Beach and are wondering what are the recomandation on things to do apart from the beach and shopping which I am sure that we will be doing plenty of!

We will have a rental Car and don't mind driving to other resorts as we are not planning on spending the full 10 days at Newport Beach.

Are party conisits of a 5 year old, 17 year old, 25 year old and a 37 year old so a wide range of ages for me to plan for.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,932 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips on things to do while at Newport Beach

I am not sure what kind of activities you are looking for. I think of shopping and beach when I think of NewportBch. I noticed that you will already have spent some time in LA so I guess you could consider Disneyland,a boat ride,a visit to San Juan Capistrano Mission,a vist to Dana PT. Harbor where there is a science center and old sailing ship and water equipment to rent.You can visit LagunaBeach and visit the Montage resort&Spa(and the site of MTV program) I actually think you would find more to do for your whole group in San Diego but I guess some Orange County folks will have more ideas.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips on things to do while at Newport Beach

well I was thinking if we don't get to do everything we want in San Diego we could drive up from Newport beach for day trips. we are using Newport bay as are main base and will be traveling to LA from Newport beach to do Universal Studios and to Visit Venice beach, Malibu and Santa Monica. We will than be spending 2 nights at the end of our holiday in Beverly hills however we are not planning on doing anything other than Shopping and Restaurants while here.

We really don't mind driving to places.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips on things to do while at Newport Beach

You didnt say when you will be here. Here are some ideas

Disneyland!

Tide Pools In laguna Beach

Laguna Beach for shopping/photos(main beach)

Pageant of the Masters (Laguna Beach)

The wedge (watch the sufers and huge waves)

Huntington Beach Pier/See the surfing contest

Universal Studios

Balboa Island (take the ferry to Balboa Fun Zone)

Gondola ride in Newport Beach

Whale Watching

Knotts Berry Farm

Orange County Fair (and maybe a concert there too)

Hollywood

6 flags Magic Mountain (about 2 hours away) has huge roller coaster rides.

Venice Beach -to people watch-

In San Diego there is Sea World, SD Zoo, and Legoland

Level Contributor
591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips on things to do while at Newport Beach

When will you be in Newport Beach. Exact dates would help. I just got my recreation guide and might be able to give you some ideas.

You have a diverse age group, but depending on when you will be here, we have some great things going on in Orange County coming up. Let me know when you will be here