We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from Newport Beach

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
just back from Newport Beach

Just returned from 10 days in wonderful SoCal...we rented a cottage on the Grand canal on Balboa..what a unique experience. I highly recommend this, so much nicer than a hotel. It was nice just watching people walk the boardwalk with their dogs and kayak the canal. The town is so adorable and people so nice. Only complaint is that everything closed so early. It was fun taking the ferry to the peninsula where we rented bikes from Balboa pier to Newport pier. We daytripped to Corona Del Mar went to the sandcastle contest on the beach and walked by the jetty. This is a must for visitors go to Lookout Point and look out on Newport Harbor. We then went to the Wedge.We also went to Laguna Beach, again a must for anyone visiting this area and also Huntington Beach which has that great surf vibe. We also "hiked" to Crystal Cove Beach. Every town has their own character. Thanks to all the locals for their restaurant suggestions. And to answer my own question, I found the most awesome coffee at the Cinnamon Faire on Marine Avenue. Any questions, please ask, i would be happy to give advice.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: just back from Newport Beach

" SB is beautiful but can't see spending a lot of time here...much prefer Newport Beach!"

That's pretty much the way I feel too.

Glad you had a good time. Nice trip report.

90 again today. I actually went shopping at Nordstroms to get out of the heat. LOL It should cool off by Saturday (they say).

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: just back from Newport Beach

So much for fall weather, lol...thanks again for helping me plan...you must love living there.

13. Re: just back from Newport Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 26, 2012