We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balboa Island

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Balboa Island

As if I haven't confused myself enough, someone suggested looking at Balboa Island for a rental...I've been there and I loved it but wasn't thinkingof it in terms of rental...comments from the locals?

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Balboa Island

Thanks so much and esp to Jennifer Realtor for giving me the suggestion to Balboa Island. I should have considered that from the beginning, it is such a scenic walking town. There are many rentals to choose from...thanks to all of you for your help!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Balboa Island

Sorry LSCats (and Jennifer R :o)...i can still them being dipped, dripped and then "patted down" in whatever topping you chose...sigh.

scottca075, i also remember the Jolly Roger and getting soft served frosty cones from their window, good times! I liked the chocolate the best....

AND i can still remember the sound of the ferry horn, barely missing sailboats crossing in our path and the "fragrance" of the fuel station there...all good!

Edited: 10:32 pm, August 31, 2011
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Balboa Island

AZ I'm going to be dreaming of ice cream bars for days. I just happen to have an appointment near Fashion Island on Friday afternoon. I just might HAVE to slip over for a pre-dinner Balboa Bar.

New York
Level Contributor
950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Balboa Island

Can't believe you guys live in such an idyllic place

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,710 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Balboa Island

LSCats, awesome decision....let us know ok?

GLMDesigns, actually i live in Scottsdale AZ (where it was 113F yesterday) which has it's own idyllic places to visit (maybe not now) but Balboa Island and Newport Beach are part of my childhood and every now and then i get to sneak over to re-visit the memories....always good.

16. Re: Balboa Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 16, 2012