We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

corona del mar village

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
949 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
corona del mar village

Can someone tell me where the main center is, where you can find shopping and restaurants?

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: corona del mar village

The Albertsons in CDM is pretty small and dated but for a weeks visit I'm thinking that you could get whatever you need there.

The Bristol Farms, though more expensive, has very nice meats, fish, produce so if you are going to build a special meal around those items that's a good place to go.

I agree with Seabiscuit: go to Cafe Panini for breakfast. Healthy food cooked with a lot of flavor. Comfortable, though small, restaurant with a few tables outside it's probably the best breakfast place in the area. I think they serve LaVazza coffee.

You can check their breakfast menu here: www.mypaninicafe.com

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: corona del mar village

I used to go to Corona Del Mar a lot in the 70's/early 80's. I recognized the name of The Quiet Woman. Didn't that have a sign over it with an old English type painting of a woman with no head (thus, she was quiet since she could not talk)? Is the sign still there? I haven't though of that in years. My friends and I used to use it as a landmark to know we were close to where to turn to get to the beach. We also used to joke that it was sexist. LOL

Edited: 1:19 pm, August 14, 2011
Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: corona del mar village

It's still there RR.

Personally, it's not a fav of mine but...(shrug)...it still seems to do decent business.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: corona del mar village

For a night when you might be willing to drive 10 minutes for dinner --

I highly recommend Sage Restaurant in the Eastbluff neighborhood of Newport Beach. I just tried it tonight and was highly impressed.

http://www.sagerestaurant.com/ See the website for directions.

15. Re: corona del mar village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 10, 2012