We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Topic
Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

Can anyone give me some advice, I'm choosing between one of these 2, and possibly the Hyatt in newport beach.

I was about to book Bayshore mainly because its #1 ranking on TA plus its location on the beach, as we'd like to spend some time on the beach but also want to see some of the other parts of Newport beach. Other option I'm looking at in our price range is Balboa club which I know is in the bay and not the beach.

Any thoughts, suggestions? This is just for 1 day/night

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,392 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

The Bayshore is two blocks from one beach (ocean) one block from the other (Bay).

I am not sure the Shorebreak is any closer to the beach than the Bayshore given that you have to cross Pacific Coast Highwa, a much busier street than Balboa Blvd, a boardwalk and then a parking lot to get to the beach.

I can not think of any hotels in Huntington Beach on the beach side of PCH.

As to the picture of the helicopter.... more like 1962 or '63 maybe since LAA didn't start flying the Sikorskys until 1962.

springfield, mo
Level Contributor
373 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

Scott, you are correct, my mistake. I was thinking Shorebreak was on the ocean side of PCH.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,392 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

>>>Scott, you are correct, my mistake. I was thinking Shorebreak was on the ocean side of PCH.<<<

Mmmm, I think it is one of those repressed memory things where you bury the bad deep in your sub-consciou and just saw the sand and ocean :)

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

Scott -- I guessed 1959 due to the website link "matterhorn1959. . ." and the cars in the background. I couldn't date a helicopter. In any case -- it was a LONG time ago.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

I'll guess Scott knows that the blog is named after the 1959 debut of the Matterhorn, and not the photo

btw: I think I see a 61 Karmenn Ghia in there

26. Re: Bayshore Pennisula or Balboa Club hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 08, 2012