We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachcomber walk in?

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beachcomber walk in?

I tried to make a reservation for next week at the Beachcomber restaurant at Crystal Cove and it is booked forever ....does anyone know if they take walk ins?

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

They do but there's no way to predict the time wait. Sometimes people don't show up or others finish their meal early. The best way to go to the Beachcomber in the summer is to plan on spending some time at the beach there and try to work in a meal. There are tours of the cottages if that will help fill your time if you don't want to walk the beach.

The Beachcomber is a pretty casual restaurant; people come in, off the beach, simply in cover-up or board shorts and a t-shirt all of the time. Check to see if you can get on the wait list, enjoy a beautiful beach and I'm thinking you'll probably get in.

Utah
Level Contributor
169 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

This is off of their website FAQ.

Please note that 70% of the restaurant seating is available on a walk in "first come, first serve" basis.

Utah
Level Contributor
169 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

This is off of their website FAQ.

Please note that 70% of the restaurant seating is available on a walk in "first come, first serve" basis.

Edited: 1:57 pm, July 06, 2011
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,229 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

I know few people who have ever made a reservation there. They only have a very few tables available for reservation. Most people just go and wait.

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

Thanks everyone....so excited for out trip....I need to stop planning it to death and just relax and enjoy

;-)

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,229 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

Teresa -- I always find that the more I plan the less I follow the plan. Just plan a few key activities and let the details fall into place. Give yourself the liberty of changing the plan as you discover new places and things to do.

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

Great Advice LSCats!

I'm going to take it....

:))

New York
Level Contributor
382 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

I saw this thread and wanted to chime in - I can't really tell by the pictures, but can you lounge on the beach by the Beachcomber and just walk up? We were planning on visiting Fri afternoon and getting an late lunch/early dinner there. Just curious! Thanks!

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

Yes, you can. You may have a bit of a wait depending on the day and the time of the day if you just walk-up. The Beachcomber is used to people in beach attire so just bring a small duffel with a 'coverup'.

If you are looking at late lunch/early dinner you should have pretty good success.

As an additional note, if you go to the Beachcomber website, they have a have a tab called Beach Menu & Rentals. (It's on the right-hand side of the opening page for Crystal Cove.) They have a carry out menu and they rent things like beach chairs and umbrellas. So, if you just want to kick back, nosh away on the sand, that's an option.

OTOH, if you want to eat in the timeframe you described, call and see if you can get reservations---they do take them.

www.thebeachcombercafe.com

Edited: 4:52 pm, July 25, 2011
10. Re: Beachcomber walk in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 06, 2012