We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just came back from napa.....

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
582 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
just came back from napa.....

hello,

i just came back from napa. i stayed at the terrace river inn...it was very nice and clean. we went on two very great winery tours.....del dotto (napa) and shramsberg(calistoga). i went to dean and deluca for lunch....excellent deli...so much to choose from cheeses, meats, and desserts. for dinner don giovannis bistro (napa), terra (st. helena), budo (napa). terra restaurant was wonderful. i had the veal cheeks and it was delicious!! budo restaurant was quite expensive, but good! don giovannis was excellent! i had such a wonderful time. it is so beautiful!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just came back from napa.....

Del Dotto and Schramsberg are favorites of our guests. You went to some great restaurants, and delis.

On your next trip, you may want to stop at the historic Oakville Grocery, on Hwy 29. While not as large as Dean & Deluca, it has a very special selection of olive oils, meats and cheeses. It's a favorite spot for many of us local "foodies".

Mondavi has the best technical tour in the valley, so you may also want to consider this for your next trip (don't bother with just a tasting there, though-- it's much too impersonal and like an assembly line).

Restaurants in the wine country can change overnight as a new chef comes on, or one leaves. It often helps to talk to a local right before you visit (or read the latest TripAdvisor restaurant reviews), so you can see what's hot (and what's not!).

We hope you can make it back to visit our beautiful Valley soon.

Cheers,

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn

2. Re: just came back from napa.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, May 05, 2009