We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please bear with me ...

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Topic
Please bear with me ...

Our oldest daughter will celebrate her 25th birthday in late October. I thought it would be nice to take a short trip to Napa/Sonoma, and have her birthday dinner at the French Laundry. We live in the NYC area.

For the love of all things holy, why is their phone ALWAYS busy? All the live long day ... busy signal.

Anyway, could anyone please recommend a nice hotel near Yountsville?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch, in advance.

Edited: 2:19 pm, September 07, 2013
elsewhere
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please bear with me ...

Alrighty, never mind ... the receptionist at the French Laundry finally answered my call. No tables available through November 9th. Who knew it would be so much more difficult to get a reservation there than at Per Se in NYC (which we loved).

I will just slink away now ...

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please bear with me ...

Wait a minute! You're going to let the FL's 2-months-to-the-day-in-advance reservation policy defeat you??? Your idea to celebrate your daughter's special birthday in Napa Valley is splendid ... and there are so many other fabulous options here!

Your daughter will LOVE the uber-contemporary but luxe Bardessono hotel in Yountville. Start by getting a reservation there and then build upon that with a mix of wine touring, spa treatments, hot air balloon ride, boutique shopping and fine dining experiences.

www.bardessono.com

Do note that is it harvest/high season here now through mid-November, but you can surely stitch together a memorable birthday trip that everyone will enjoy!

Edited: 8:35 pm, September 07, 2013
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please bear with me ...

French Laundry is not impossible. The concierges at some of the nicer hotels in the Napa Valley often are able to work miracles for their clientele. And if you're on the mailing list for some of the better wineries, the owners and/or winemakers also may be able to secure a FL reservation for you.

We met the very personable owners of one of the areas excellent boutique wineries at a winemakers dinner at a fine Oregon Coast restaurant about a year ago. The wife cordially invited us to stay at one of the guest cottages on their property and told us that she could arrange to get us a table at the French Laundry if we wished. We hope to take her up on the offer in the not-too-distant future!

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please bear with me ...

Bardessono is a very nice property. The rooms are spacious with hardwood floors and fireplaces. They have a rooftop pool that is wonderful and a restaurant on-site. You will be able to walk to the restaurants from this property also. Have fun! :)

5. Re: Please bear with me ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Napa