We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in napa valley?

kc
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in napa valley?

Is it a good ideal to stay in Fairfield , CA to visit Napa Valley ?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,068 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in napa valley?

NO.!!!

Fairfield is on the I-80 corridor. It has nothing to do with the Napa Valley. (I know it is cheaper, but it would not be worth the savings.)

I would try very hard to stay in the Valley itself, somewhere on Hwy 29, which is where the vineyards are.

If you give the forum members your budget, they will help you find a charming and suitable lodging which is not on a freeway, and where you can enjoy the atmosphere of the valley.

Level Contributor
35,249 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in napa valley?

Because of budget? There is a cool place right in St. Helena called The El Bonita Motel that is budget friendly. Calistoga also has some places, the Best Western Stevenson Manor and a Comfort Inn. :).

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in napa valley?

I found the perfect located hotel with all the amenities, comfort and price point The Hawthorn Wyndham Napa Hotel. Located on Soscol, just a block away from the famous Silverado Trail/Wineries. My wife and I will always stay there. Please check it out.! You will not be disappointed.

Keith Sadanaga

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in napa valley?

I don't know about Fairfield, but on our last trip to Napa Valley we stayed at a chain motel near Vallejo and drove about 20 minutes each morning to get to the Silverado Trail. Spent just a little over $300 for 4 nights (in early September). The extra few minutes driving each day was worth it to us -- had an extra grand to spend on wine. :-)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in napa valley?

The highway between Fairfield and Napa is under construction. There can be severe traffic problems during morning and evening commute times.

In Vallejo, if you choose to stay there, be careful of the area you choose. The best locations are near 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom since that is where tourists go.

But, staying in the Napa Valley is your best option unless you can afford only really inexpensive lodging.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in napa valley?

This has already been adequately covered, but just to chime in, there's no reason to stay in Fairfield. If you look at a map, you'll see it's far from the wineries in Napa Valley. You didn't say anything about your itinerary, but I'm assuming you'll be there to taste wine as most visitors are. If you want more affordable than the valley, look at the town of Napa itself where you can find a more reasonably priced room but still be in a decent area. Personally, I'd avoid Vallejo at all costs.

7. Re: Where to stay in napa valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Napa