Looking for help with final planning of our Napa trip. We are two couples in our 40s traveling Wednesday March 13-Sunday March 17.
Day 1 - Fly in to SFO via Virgin America at 10:00; Rent car and head over Golden Gate bridge to Sausalito for lunch (where?); explore Muir Woods for a short time (1.5 hours at most), Tasting at Domaine Carneros if we get there in time – is this on the way or if it is not suggestions for one winery to hit on the way in; Check into hotel in time for wine tasting hour 5-6. Dinner near hotel. Maybe Mustards? Reservations at Embassy Suites, Napa for 3 nights. Can we walk to downtown from there?
Day 2 – Napa Private Limo Tour. Drop off Downtown at Oxbow market – Hog Island Oysters for happy hour. When does downtown Napa close down for the evening? Dinner in Napa again. Where?
Day 3 – Second day of winery tours maybe on our own or second day with limo. Dinner in Yountville. Maybe Ad Hoc or Bottega.
During our two days I have listed the following wineries but need to come up with a plan for each day. Also, we want a sit down lunch on one day. Where?
1. Domaine Chandon tasting 20$pp 2 for 1 coupon),
2. Mondavi tour (25$pp) or V. Sautti ($20 at 2/1) and lunch here, Oakville Grocery for picnic supplies or lunch at Gott’s
3. Rubicon – Coppalla’s estate ($50pp) or Castle Di Amore 18/33pp,
4. Chateau di Montelena $20 pp (2 for 1)or Sterling 25$pp 5$ off coupon
5. Peju 20 2/1, Duckhorn 30 2/1, Grinch 20 2/1, Paraduxx 30$pp (2 for 1), Frog’s Leap20$pp, Mumm $25pp – 2 for 1 coupon available, are other options;
6. Del Dotto Cave Tour ($50pp)Must do!
7. Small family vinyards??
Day 4 – Head back to San Francisco early. Check into hotel and park or turn in car – hopefully by 10am. Reservations at Westin San Francisco Market Street for 1nt.
1. take Cable Car all the way down to Lombard Street 10-12
2. Lunch- Where?
3. Dylan’s tour from 1-3.
4. After the tour explore Fisherman’s Wharf, eat at Boudins. Pier 39 to look for sea lions.
5. Alcatraz Tour – Night tour booked at 6:10
6. After Alcatraz tour, head back to Union Square for dinner or stay in North Beach area for dinner at Capp's Corner May want to skip North Beach area and head back to Union Square to eat as some say it is hard getting back to Union Square late at night??
Day 5 – Flight out is at 11 so quick breakfast at hotel and head to SFO.
Sound OK? Anything seem unreasonable?