We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best wine shuttle service/package?

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best wine shuttle service/package?

I'm looking to take a wine shuttle wine day with my husband and I see there are lots of different options available to me. I'd like to take a tour that stops at fun vineyards. I'm staying in Yountville. Any recommendations? I see the Napa Valley Wine Shuttle gives you some flexibility, where other tours are on a set schedule. Any advice?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best wine shuttle service/package?

My husband and I did the Napa Wine Shuttle. The price was right and our group was fun. But I went on a Saturday, and there was no flexibility of getting on another van like they talked about. They took us to great vienyards, but they didn't really take any input. And I didn't look around for tasting coupons, b/c I thought they would be provided. But they weren't (though they were available in local papers I found later) - I wondered if the driver got some sort of a kick-back for taking us to some of the places. The time they stayed at each place was about what I would have spent anyway. We were lucky too, in that we were staying in Calistoga and were the last to be picked up and the first to be dropped off. But another couple had an hour ride at the beginning and the end of the day.

Would I do it again? Probably. Unless someone else on Trip Advisor had a better suggestion...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best wine shuttle service/package?

AL-the-squid, which wineries did the shuttle visit? Did the shuttle stop at V. Sattui for lunch? We are signed up to take the Napa Valley Wine Shuttle in June.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best wine shuttle service/package?

Good question- I have lunch reservations most days too. Is the Napa Valley shuttle flexible with your schedule (i.e. will they drop you off for lunch and pick you back up aftewards?)

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best wine shuttle service/package?

Yeah, they took us to V. Sattui for lunch. We also went to Coppola's winery, Frank Family winery, Beringer, and Esquisse. V. Sattui gets very crowded at lunch!

Frank family was my favorite wines, and the only free tasting.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best wine shuttle service/package?

I don't know if they'd drop you off and pick you up for lunch; I'd imagine wherever you have reservations would be pretty far out of the way. Better ask them...