We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would appreciate any help : )

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Topic
Would appreciate any help : )

Hi, traveling to Napa in January. Staying in Yountville. Will be there for 3 days.

My wife and I are not really HUGE wine drinkers, but are just going to get away for a weekend (it's her 30th birthday...and a surprise).

We're renting a car, so getting around won't be an issue. Just looking for 3 or 4 wineries to visit while we're there where we won't be judged for not knowing all the ins and outs of wine.

Thanks in advance!

Chicago, Illinois
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Would appreciate any help : )

Thanks for all your help! This is great information!

Question regarding V Sattui Winery. Would it make sense to visit there in the early afternoon in order to have lunch as well?

Thanks!

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Would appreciate any help : )

Agree that Mondavi is a fantastic experience, but if you want to get a little off the beaten path, consider St. Supery or Raymond for a less-touristy educational tour alternative than Mondavi.

V Sattui is also a very popular stop with tourists, including the big tour groups. In high season, you can barely get into the parking lot. In January, it will be less crowded, but I think you could plan a more satisfying lunch stop by picking up provisions at Oakville Grocery, Dean & DeLuca, La Luna Market or Giugni Grocery and taking it to any number of wineries with picnic spots where in January you may be the only people there to enjoy the lovely setting, peace and quiet. If it's raining, inside V Sattui will be crammed with visitors who ordinarily would be picnicking out on the lawn. Search on this forum for picnic.

Edited: 11:35 am, December 07, 2012
Level Contributor
34,732 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Would appreciate any help : )

V Sattui is a very nice place for a picnic! The wine tasting is complimentary here. We love their Gamay Rouge. :)

Napa
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Would appreciate any help : )

I don't think V. Sattui is a comp tasting? I thought it was $10.

The Winery Finder is a great app that will show wineries offering 2 for 1 deals close to where you are- you do have to have a smart phone.

Frogs Leap has a good tour. And a good relaxing tasting as well.

San Francisco...
6 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Would appreciate any help : )

Watch the video. It's really helpful when it comes to planning a trip in Napa. There are two parts listed below;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSKwkM_TL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiekoFS830c

16. Re: Would appreciate any help : )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 17, 2013