We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

Victoria
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

Hi All,

I am so excited for my trip to Napa!!! :) Question, my flight home departs from SFO at 8pm on a Monday. With traffic and car rental return in mind..what time should I leave Napa? I am flying international as well...so min. 2 hrs prior to my flight I should be at SFO...thanks for the advice!!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,089 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

I presume you are flying to Canada not sure which Victoria you are from so 2 hours is plenty of time. There is no customs/immigration line when you leave SF. Those are things you go through back in Canada once you get there

I personally would leave around 3.30 get to the SFO area, have dinner in Burlingame or Millbrae and then return the car by around 6 and then head to check in. You will hit traffic in the Bay Area freeways but I think 2 hours would be enough. You could leave earlier to avoid traffic but you will get bored near SFO. I would rather spend those hours in Napa.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

You run into commute traffic. Leave at 3pm you will still catch some of it. Better than you stressing leaving at 4pm. 60 min trip at 3pm, can turn into a 90 min plus trip after 4pm. Find some thing close to SF to do for an hour if you are early?

Victoria
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

I totally agree..I don't want to be rushed or stressed :) Thx so much!

Victoria
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

Thx Bel...yep..Victoria, Canada...LOL!! Where is Burlingame or Millbrae?? I haven't been to SF or SFO before...am not sure where these areas are in conjuction to the airport..sorry for the stupid questions..I like your idea of having dinner prior to the airport ect!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,089 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

http://goo.gl/maps/BfTKy has options to get from your hotel to SFO and then it shows you the cities surrounding SFO. I would go to www.yelp.com and look for restaurants in both cities and chose one depending on your likes and also on what times it opens. I guess if you leave at 3 you may be better off getting to SFO a bit early and then checking out downtown Burlingame which has shops and restaurants. It is about 10 mins from the Rental car return center which is on San Bruno Avenue.

6. Re: Napa River Inn to SFO- International Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Napa