We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

We are going to Napa for 4 days at the end of our honeymoon and have dinner reservations at the above restaurants. Because our honeymoon is somewhat lengthy and has multiple destinations, we are limited in how much we can squeeze into our luggage. As a result, I'd prefer not to pack dress shoes and pants if possible.

Would a pair of nice jeans, button-down shirt and nice sandals be OK at these restaurants or should I try to squeeze in dressier clothing?

Level Contributor
34,520 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

The dress code at the majority of wine country restaurants is business casual. We have been to both REDD and Terra, you have made excellent choices with those two places. Enjoy! :)

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

OK great...doesn't sound like the dress jeans will be a problem but what about sandals (nice leather flip-flops to be specific). Not having to bring a pair of dress shoes just for dinner in Napa would save us precious space in our luggage.

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

No worries, sandals are OK, flip-flops - even if they are nice ones - are a little on the casual side, but not so offensive that you need to schlep another pair of shoes!

You'll be fine.

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

Agreed. Iwas just at REDD and there was a lady wearing a $10,000 Chanel outfit and 2 tables down was a winemaker in jeans and boots just in from the fields. Afte all, Napa is still a farming community. Enjoy and spend lots of time at Redd as the food and drinks are great.

florida
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

Just got back from napa...ate at redd.....yes peoples dress were very varied. I was with my mom and sis...we all had on sundresses...some people had on jeans and i saw a few older men with jackets on....

6. Re: What is the dress code at REDD, Terra and Celadon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 19, 2013