We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Consentino winery

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Consentino winery

Has anyone visited Consentino Winery? A lot of their wines are "sold out" from their website. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Consentino winery

Good wine but the property itself is nothing special. So if there is nothing of interest to buy/taste, I would try somewhere else.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Consentino winery

CK-

Cosentino is a small family winery with very low production wines. Many of their releases are only 50 to 300 cases, compared to typical 10,000-20,000 case releases from the larger Napa wineries. So there is a reason many of their wines sell out--there aren't that many of them!

Cosentino has more than 40 different releases-- which makes it a lot of fun for trying out new styles and kinds of wines that you may have never tasted before. They have everything from big red Zins to a late-harvest Viognier.

Sorry to disagree with the prior poster, but we send lots of our guests here-- and they love it.

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Consentino winery

Thanks for the input. Part of what we'd like to experience in the overall Napa trip is to find some small wineries that produces only a few hundred to few thousand cases per year, and knowing we can only buy their wine at the winery makes it extra special and worthwhile. We'll definitely check this place out.

We are also planning on going to Peju winery. Hope it will be as great there.

Thanks!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Consentino winery

CK-

Peju is a hoot. They have some tasting room staff with extra personality. :)

If you're into small production wines, you may also want to try Vincent Arroyo (in Calistoga). It's a lot of fun, esp if you like doggies.

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Consentino winery

To the Innkeepers: Thanks for mentioning Vincent Arroyo. I will take a look at their website on what they offer.

Here's our tentative itinerary: (we will be driving from SF early morning, arrive Napa approx. 9:45am)

Day 1:

Consentino

10am - 10:45am (walk in tasting, preferably buying some small production wine at the winery)

Domaine Chandon

11am - 12:30pm (take their guided tour & wine tasting)

Lunch at Bistro Jeanty

12:45 - 2pm

Quintessa

2:30pm - 4pm (cave tour & tasting)

Peju

4:30pm - 5:30pm (walk in tasting, preferably buying wine at the winery)

Day 2:

Chateau Montelena

9:45am - 11am (estate tasting)

Sterling

11:15am - 12:45pm (cable car tour & tasting)

Picnic Lunch

1:00pm - 1:45pm

Duckhorn

2pm - 4pm (estate tasting)

Cuvaison

4pm - 5pm (walk in tasting, preferably buying limited production wine at winery)

JV wine & tasting bar

5:30pm - 7pm (there are a great variety of boutique wines to taste here)

We tried to make full use of the time and schedule wineries that open first to visit first. And with this itinerary, we thought it would give us a variety of experiencing both large & small wineries. Is this too much? Any suggestions from anyone to top this? We are keeping an open mind.

Thank you!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Consentino winery

Our only advice would be to make sure you have reservations for Bistro Jeanty in advance-- they are typically very busy.

Also, Cosentino is right next to Mustard's Grille, if that is of interest to you.

One little known fact: If you are waiting for a table at Mustard's, they will call over to Cosentino if you tell them you'll be over there tasting wines.

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Consentino winery

Mustard's Grille has great food. I think your itinerary is

great.....there is a great lunch spot in Yountville, but for

the life of me I can't come up with the name. I'm sure someone here

will know it. We ate at the Oakville Grocery and this spot in Yountville

for lunch...both great places to get picnic stuff!

You may want to check out Robert Sinskey on Silverado Trail, it was a close second to Peju for our favorite winery.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Consentino winery

Wonderful ideas. Thanks for all the tips from helpful advisors at this forum. I still have 1 1/2 months till my vacation to Napa. Can't wait!!

Get answers to your questions about Napa