We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Russ - Christian Brothers winery

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
For Russ - Christian Brothers winery

A very long time ago in my youth I used to love Christian Brothers winery - (my tastes have probably changed quite a bit now, but it was a good memory) I know the building is the Greystone school and restaurant and store now. But is there anyplace to wine taste Christian Brothers anymore? Thanks.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For Russ - Christian Brothers winery

Gourmand-

As far as I know, the Christian Brothers no longer produce any wines themselves. The "Christian Brothers" name was sold to Heaven Hill distilleries, and they produce a "Christian Brothers Brandy":

www.christianbrothersbrandy.com/main.html

Hess Collection currently makes wine from what used to be the Christian Brothers vineyards:

http://www.hesscollection.com/story/d1.php

And you can actually visit the Christian Brothers retreat up on Mount Veeder (it still exists, and operates as a conference center):

christianbrosretreat.com/property/index.html

Last but not least, Greystone, the building that used to house the Christian Brothers winery, is now the west coast campus for the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and the Wine Spectator's Greystone restaurant:

http://www.ciachef.edu/visitors/gs/

Sadly, nothing is said about the rich history of the Christian Brothers on the CIA website. But if you're curious, there are a number of web articles by travel writers (just google "Christian Brothers Greystone Napa".

We realize this may not be what you were looking for, but we wanted to include what we know for other visitors reading these threads, if it can be helpful.

Enjoy your upcoming trip!

-Russ & Sharon

Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For Russ - Christian Brothers winery

Thanks you guys! You just seem to know everything! It is so nice you give info on this forum.