We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

FoodieGirlVeganBoy told me about this website, and this woman will actually make your reservation for you - her only request is that if she is able to get you a reservation, you either ship her wine or make a paypal donation (not required). Has anyone done this or know someone who has? Thanks!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

sc25-

We haven't heard about this, but it sounds like a wonderful service-- do you have the URL?

-Russ & Sharon

Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

Actually, when I emailed her (him? not sure), she couldn't help me because I wanted a table for 2 for a weekday dinner and she said that Opentable.com is not accepting reservations for 2 for dinner during the week at this time. :(

But, for anyone else who is interested in the service, here is the link:

thesandersens.com/res/french.laundry.reserva…

Belmont, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

Actually, this website belongs to a very nice gentleman (as opposed to the lady mentioned above). Aren was able to secure us a table for 2 on Saturday night at the French Laundry, via OpenTable.com. He successfully assisted in getting us a reservation on our preferred date of choice.

I happily sent him a bottle of wine, and feel like this was the best deal in the world! Our dinner was wonderful!

Thanks again, Aren!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

Ha! I know, I realized later that it was a male - I had just assumed it was a woman for some unexplained reason. Aren told me that FL doesn't take reservations for 2 on opentable.com during the week (which is when I wanted to go), so I guess I'm out of luck. Glad he helped you, though! :)

5. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 pm, February 01, 2006
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

Hey - I just wanted to let everyone know that this guy isn't doing this anymore. He said he had nothing but bad news to report to people since only one table was usually available on opentable.com, so he stopped offering the service.

I'm trying to remember what was posted above and by who - wonder why it got removed? hmm.

Wish me luck on the phone! I'm going to try next week for my vacation in July. Does anyone know if you can "wait-list" yourself at any time? Since Gourmand had such good luck with the wait list, I'm hoping that I will, too! :)

New York, NY
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

I used opentable.com to get my reservation on May 12, and it was no problem. I even forgot and did it after work and still got in. Of course, this was for a Friday lunch. If you are looking for dinner it may be harder. We were just there and it was truly wonderful. Being the first table at 11:00, we got what I felt was the best table, next to the fireplace. A lot of attention since it was just us for at least 10 min. or so. When I didn't see the "Oysters and Pearls" course, they said it was made only at dinner, but then checked with the chef who made it special for us! (at a price, of course) What a wonderful meal. I preferred lunch because we were not tired from tasting all day and we then proceeded to hit 6 vineyards after lunch. I think they were surprised that we didn't have coffee and linger, but we only had one day in Napa and wanted to do it all. They chased us down at the door to give us our shortbread goodie bags.

Good luck!

8. Re: Anyone ever use the "Sanderson" lady's website to snag a...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 13, 2009