We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report-Hopefully helpful (2 parts)

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report-Hopefully helpful (2 parts)

Hey Napa Forum folks. First, thanks to everyone especially Russ and Syrahgirl for your insight and helpfulness on the forum, although I had been before it helped alot.

A friend of mine came to wine country 10/12-19 for a wedding. First, perfect weather! Our plan of attack, location. We stayed at two locations. One, Adagio Inn in St. Helena for north (up) valley and south valley at the Carneros Inn. Two very diffent locations and types of accomodations, both spectacular. Our inn keeper at Adagio, Polly was fun and fantastic, breakfast delicious, wine of porch with fellow inn "stayers" every night was great and something to look forward to. The Carneros was perfect, as you may have seen very "varied" opinions, but for me it was great. While at Adagio we enjoyed walking town in evening and getting feel of the "locals" in the valley, we were lucky enough to experience harvest festival complete with pet parade. The sights at Carneros (despite construction) were what the valley is all about, vineyards, agriculture, mountains as far as you can see. I could go on and on, but suffice to say everywhere folks were great and welcoming and truly in love with where they live.

RESTAURANTS:

TERRA-Very good and great venue, wait staff could be much more knowledgable and PERSONABLE.

MARKET-Great feel, upscale with a comfortable feel and great "comfort" food-Best mac & cheese ever..the wait staff added to the experience by being approachable and welcoming.

ANGELE-Beautiful location, small feeling, great for lunch on the river.

HILL TOP & BOON FLY CAFE-(both on property at Carneros) once there I did not want to leave after tasting wine all day, but they did not dissappoint..delicious and varied menu.

AUBERGE DU SOLEIL-Great place to look at and from (the view is great at sunset, trying to squeeze in as much as possible we did drink and appetizer and it was enough.

Two places for lunch-Sonoma Boulangerie in the square, cute, packed cafe with great salads, bread and chees and the ever present Oakville Grocery-leave time for the check out line, but everything you could want for a picnic.

WINERIES: I will do separate post for our plan of attack and beating the traffic, too much for here.

Finally, the spa at Carneros. It is small personal spa and I found it to be just what the doctor ordered. It was unpretentious and welcoming, no push to buy all the products and what a true spa should be. A relaxing, rejuvenating oasis. I can't say enough about the professional staff, my services were perfect.

Hope this helps.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report-Hopefully helpful (2 parts)

livlarge-

*Awesome* trip report--it sounds like you had an amazing time! We love how you talked about both the good parts of restaurants, and where they could improve (we're always asking our guests the same questions).

We've stayed at the Carneros Inn, but did not use the spa-- so your comments here were especially welcome.

We can't wait to read part deux! :)

-Russ & Sharon

Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report-Hopefully helpful (2 parts)

Sounds like a great time! Glad you enjoyed Terra and Auberge du Soleil. Cheers! :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report-Hopefully helpful (2 parts)

Reading this post and some others when I did a forum search under "Adagio" makes it very difficult now to decide; I had wanted the Wine Country Inn, but the Adagio sounds just as good. I guess it will depend on whether the room I want is available - such a tiny, cute place! :)

Get answers to your questions about Napa