We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takeaway meals in (or around) Napa?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Takeaway meals in (or around) Napa?

This weekend my fiancé and I are going to an outdoor movie and picnic at one of our favorite wineries in the Napa Valley. We'd love to pick up some picnic items to eat there but I'm in need suggestions beyond our default takeaway place, Dean & Deluca.

Can anyone recommend an excellent local place to pick up fruit, cheeses, salad and sandwiches? Or... better yet... are there any restaurants that do extraordinary take-out?

Thanks in advance-

Kayt

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Takeaway meals in (or around) Napa?

Hi tenspeedsf,

Unfortunately I do not have a recommendation for you but I am interested in you're default takeaway place, Dean & Deluca.

Can you provide details? Address, best picks etc..? Are they open on Sundays?

Many Thanks.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Takeaway meals in (or around) Napa?

Dean and Deluca is right off the highway in St. Helena. I think they're open Sundays.

Our favorite place for goumet picnic food is Oakville Grocery, also right on the hwy by the Oakville Crossing road. The other popular place is V. Sattui winery.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Takeaway meals in (or around) Napa?

Macjack,

Where are the places you are recommending relative to downtown Napa?

Thanks ~

Napa Valley...
Level Contributor
339 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Takeaway meals in (or around) Napa?

For the kind of picnic you describe, you definitely want to go to either one of the two Vallerga's Markets (there's one on the corner of the Silverado Trail near Copia; another is in northwest Napa on Solano Ave on the corner with Trancas/Redwood Rd.

If you go to the one on Silverado Trail then you can buy wine at J.V.'s across the street. The prices there are lower than at the wineries themselves.

Enjoy!

p.s. A lovely winery to visit is Hagafen just north of Napa on the Silverado Trail.