We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic anniversary get away in Napa or Sonoma

Katy, TX
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
romantic anniversary get away in Napa or Sonoma

We're going to the wine country in mid November. Where would you recommend staying? We want something upscale and very romantic. We'd prefer a large room or suite but would prefer rates under $350 a night.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic anniversary get away in Napa or Sonoma

I'd suggest the Garden Cottage (or another cottage or suite) at Madrona Manor (www.madronamanor.com) just outside Healdsburg in Sonoma County. You'll have privacy, beautiful landscaped grounds, an old-world ambiance and a first-rate restaurant. Also, a very short drive to galleries and shops in the lovely town of Healdsburg, and an array of excellent wineries in the Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic anniversary get away in Napa or Sonoma

We stayed at Carneros Inn last year for our anniversary and absolutely loved it! Their rates have gone up since we were there but think you can still sometimes find rates under $350. The room was huge with a large outside area and the bathroom was incredible with heated floors and two showers (one inside and the other outside). My husband adored the rainfall shower head outside and probably took 3 showers a day (he wasn't even dirty!)

My sister & her husband have stayed at Miliken Creek and enjoyed it. Not sure of their prices but maybe they have what you're looking for.

Good luck and hope you have a wonderful time.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic anniversary get away in Napa or Sonoma

OOOH, I 'm jealous. We stayed at the Gaige House in Glen Ellen 2 years ago and it was wonderful; romantic and serene, attention to every detail. I highly recommend it. go to www.gaige.com

Get answers to your questions about Napa