We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa Wineries in one Day

New Orleans
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Napa Wineries in one Day

My husband and I are going to San Francisco for our anniversary, but we are planning on renting a car for a day and driving up to Napa Valley. This is our first time wine tasting.

Right now, I have the following wineries on my list to see, do tours and tastings.

Should we only do one tour and just tastings at the rest?

Also, I'm not much of a wine drinker, but my husband is. Are we tasting full sized glasses? Or just small servings? Of course, i'm concerned about driving around in a strange place after having drank wine. :)

These are the wineries I have on my list... Is it possible to see and taste at them all in one day? If not, which ones would be on the top of your lists?

Mumm

V. Sattui (we plan to eat lunch there as well)

Beringer

Sawyer Cellars

Neibaum-Coppola

Thanks for all of your help.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa Wineries in one Day

These wineries are fairly close together so you'd be able to get to them in one day.

The furthest south on 29 is Sawyer. Mum is east of 29 on the Silverado Trail while Coppola is West of 29 on .

Sattui comes next on 29 Berringer is north of Sattiui on Main Street in St Helena.

Here's a great map:

napavalley.com/visitorsinfo/Napa_Valley_Wine…

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa Wineries in one Day

Be sure to visit Copia, www.copia.org non-profit center for the arts/wine/food arts. Its really a great place and you can recieve a lot of information there and is great introduction for first timers. Let me also recommend that you try Frog's Leap Vineyards,http://www.frogsleap.com/flash/intro.html

friendly and laid back--great for the new visitor (and i like the wine) You will probably be tasting small servings--and when tasting one doesn't always have to swallow--you are merely tasting and there should be a place to remove any untasty wine. However, the helpers are usually good at figuring out which wines you will like. There are also attractions passes for the area like the winecountry explorer pass you can look into http://www.winecountry.explorerpass.com. It depends on how long you like to stay at a winery and how close they are to one another and how you are traveling. I would say that you should do a few of the most exciting ones first, then leave a few "If I have time" ones on the burner. If you have your own car it will be easier to gauge how long you would like to spend tasting. Don't drink all the wine you taste and you certainly will have more time to spend at the wineries

Get answers to your questions about Napa