We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Balloning

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Air Balloning

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Napa region in late August and are going to hot air ballon, anyone out there have any suggestions on the best bang for the buck with the numerous companies in the area. We are specifically looking for a no hop flight (1 hour) and the best pre and post meal.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Balloning

desert-

Just 2 things:

1. Balloons take off very, very early (you need to get up at 5:00 am or so). Since they're in the middle of the valley, it's often helpful to make sure they will pick you up in a van (at no charge) the morning of your flight. This avoids the "getting up in the middle of the night, driving around in the dark, and getting lost" phenomenon.

2. We get lots of FOG here in the summertime. This means that the more fog we have, the more likely it will be that you will be shuttle bussed up to an inland valley that has less fog (and, less grapes!). So if you're going for the "max" experience here, I'd just be prepared for lifting off later, and not seeing acres and acres of vineyards-- if we have lots of morning fog.

Hope this helps.

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn

Get answers to your questions about Napa