We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to/from Napa

Washington, D.C.
2 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to/from Napa

I'm taking a bike trip through Napa and Sonoma, so I won't have a car. What is the best way to get to Napa from San Francisco? Anyone know of any good shuttle services? How much would a taxi cost?

Thanks very much!

oakland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to/from Napa

Hi, If you are flying into the airport take EVANS Airporter Shuttle to Napa. Fare is about 15 dollars or so, one way. This is the most direct way to get into the town of Napa.

oakland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to/from Napa

Hi, If you are flying into the airport take EVANS Airporter Shuttle to Napa. Fare is about 15 dollars or so, one way. This is the most direct way to get into the town of Napa.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to/from Napa

You can take the Baylink ferry from SF to Vallejo and then take the VINE, which is the napa area bus service, to Napa. If you are taking your bike both the Baylink Ferry and the VINE allow bikes.

Here are the links:

http://www.baylinkferry.com/

http://www.nctpa.net/vine/how.cfm

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to/from Napa

I believe a ONE way ticket on Evans for a person is $45 per person if you want to be dropped off at a hotel ($29 one way just to the station). And that's CASH-- no CC, no checks.

evanstransportation.com/scheduled_airporter.…

I'm not sure if there's an extra charge for bikes.

A taxi would cost well over $150.00 one way.

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn

Washington, D.C.
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to/from Napa

Thanks so much for the great advice! I'm really looking forward to the trip. It will be my first time in the wine country.

Get answers to your questions about Napa