We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yountville

nyc
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
yountville

we are staying in yountville at the vintage inn in a couple of weeks for 2 nights. does anyone have any restaurant recommendations there? we are wait listed at french laundry, and I heard that bouchon is good. thanks!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,717 posts
5,485 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yountville

Yountville has several very good restaurants....be sure to reserve in advance if there for the wwkend.

French Laundry is fun and we've enjoyed our dinners there.

Bouchon is good.

Other possibilities are:

Napa Valley Grill

http://napavalleygrille.com/

Good food - has outside and inside seating.

Enjoyable eating outside if weather is good.

Brix

http://www.brix.com/

Very nice view - wonderful for lunch or before the sun goes down.

Another one close by which always has great food is

the Wine Spectator Restaurant at the American Culinary Institute of America. Always great food! And interesting place to visit!

…ciachef.edu/greystone/spectator/index.html

in short - the 2 you know about are very good and there are so many others - its hard to focus in on one or two to enjoy.

Enjoy your trip...

If you're in Napa, another good restaurant is:

Julia's http://www.patinagroup.com/juliasKitchen/

Great place to have lunch and afterwards visit COPIA.

nyc
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: yountville

Thanks for all your suggestions. Currently, we are on a waitlist for french laundry, but i have heard there is not much of a chance we will get in. Is bouchon second to it? Have you been to Mustard's Grill? Or i have read about a new restaurant called press? has anyone been there?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,717 posts
5,485 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yountville

Mustards Grill is also nice and quite good.....and quite popular.

Their speacilities are American grill and oak-smoked.

Press Restaurant just recently opened....and have not been up there (planning on a Napa trip later in June and again in July.)

Its been long awaited in the area and the chef is good ....

perhaps another person can comment if they've been there since its opened...

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,717 posts
5,485 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yountville

Also...another good place to check for reservation times/info on the restaurants/etc. is to go to OpenTable web site.....

You can query on line if they have availability and gives you pretty good write-ups of the restaurants, reviews, and what to expect (i.e. location, hours, menu, etc.)

http://www.opentable.com/start.aspx?m=4

Choose Region: San Francisco Bay Area

Choose: Wine Country

and you can fine tune further from there.

It does not include all the restaurants in the area....

but I've found it a very useful site...especially when I have

procrastinated and have not looked for a restaurant till the last minute...Most let you book reservations 30 days in advance,

some a bit longer.

Level Contributor
35,249 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yountville

Haven't been to Boucon but we really like Domaine Chandon and Bistro Jeanty in Yountville. In St. Helena, Terra and Tra Vigne are two favorites of ours. Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen and Martini House (St. Helena) are also supposed to be very good and are on our Napa Valley list. Cheers! :)

Napa
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: yountville

I would recommend Bistro Jeanty right there in Yountville, other favorites easy driving distance are Pinot Blanc, and the Wine Garden.

Walking distance from our Inn favorites are Pilar, Coles Chop House, Celadon, ZuZu's, and Ristorante Alegria.

You should check with the conceriege at your B&B for their recommendations.

Ken

Cedar Gables Inn - A Bed and Breakfast

Napa, CA

Rugby, UK
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: yountville

Try the wine garden, it is fairly new, and offers a very varied menu in a tapas style (i.e. order several small plates to share) they also offe wine flights which give you 3 small glasses of different wines to try which is a great way to taste a few wines at reasonable cost.

springfield, mo
Level Contributor
375 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: yountville

We have made reservations at the Wine Garden. We have seen several recent articles on this place and it looks great. I hope we aren't going to be disappointed.

canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: yountville

rutherford grill in rutherford has great food and outdoor seating

Get answers to your questions about Napa