We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What town should we stay in?

new york
Level Contributor
380 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What town should we stay in?

We will be in Napa 7/8-7/11 and we were originally going to stay in Napa at La Belle Epoque but we haven't heard ANYTHING about this B&B. After looking around a little we notice that St. Helena and Yountville are very popular for B&B's. What town should we stay in and what B&B do you like?

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What town should we stay in?

ccdc-

This is a popular question, so I'm including just two recent threads on this topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32766-i258-k82957…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32766-i258-k15650…

Besides reading the reviews here, one of the better ways of gauging if an Inn is a good "fit" for you is to call a few places, and ask them some questions. What restaurants do they recommend? What type of person stays with them? And what kind of services do they include with the price of the room? (This last one's a biggy).

In this day of email and internet web sites you can literally plan your entire trip from your PC. This is convenient, and saves lots of time (and money on phone calls), but websites can be deceiving.

In most cases, calling 2 or 3 places will give you a good idea what is the best "fit" for your personality and needs. One may be too friendly, while another might be too impersonal. Finding a good spot is part research, part luck, and part interview.

Even if you hate to call, please give it a try. You will be amazed at what you hear!

July is a lovely time to visit Napa. It's sunny during the day (80-90s), but never humid. The cool evening breezes (it goes down to 55-60 every night) are absolutely wonderful.

And four days (July 8-11) is a perfect amount of time to really discover some of the hidden secrets this Valley has to offer.

I hope you have a great time! :)

-Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn