We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Napa

Berkeley, CA
1 post
Save Topic
New Year in Napa

I'm looking for somewhere to stay in Napa over New Year - any recommendations? or for any special new years events there? I'll be there with my parents who are visiting the US for the first time from England. Needs to have disabled access. We're after somewhere comfortable, friendly, unpretentious, a good base to explore from, and nice gardens would be a bonus!

phoenix
Level Contributor
156 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in Napa

Would be happy to help. There are several hotels that have handicap access. What's your budget like? Another suggestion, if you're planning on doing tastings you might want to try to book at some of the appointment only places. There are also several low-key, unpretentious winerys with decent wine where you can stay away from the so-called wine snobs!

Kobe, Japan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in Napa

We will also be there for New Year's Eve, just one night. We are trying the Napa Wine Train. There are appetizers, drinks at the station. Then everyone boards and there are two dinner seatings. Then afterwards, dancing at the station. It sounded like fun to us!One concern I do have is that some of the wineries may have limited hours during New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in Napa

dhirotsu-

The Napa Wine Train is indeed a lovely way to spend New Year's Eve, but I would caution you: Last year several of our guests came back to our B&B early because the party at the Wine Train got out of hand. Apparently there were one or two people at the party who had too much to drink, and they were making it rather unpleasant for everyone else. That's a real drag, because the Wine Train can be such a special treat.

There are all kinds of really wonderful things to do on New Year's Eve in the wine country. We had a very special celebration at the Inn last year, and some of our guests are still talking about it.

You are correct-- there are only a few wineries open on New Year's Day. But any good concierge will be able to tell you which ones, and give you maps and directions to each.

Lastly, New Years Day is perfect for reflection and remembrance, and there are some really special spots in the wine country (all open on Jan 1) for sitting and enjoying the peace and quiet of this special time.

Enjoy your stay in the wine country,

Russ Herschelmann

Innkeeper

Napa Old World Inn