We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which way to go?

Versailles, Ky
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Which way to go?

Me, my wife, my 16/13/10 yr old, and my fit 73 yr old in laws will be in Sacramento 7/13-17 for a big cattle show (my kids will be involved during most of those days). We will arrive in California 7/8 and will leave 7/21. Have never been to Cali with the kids. Can fly in anywhere, drive, and leave from most anywhere. Which direction(s) should I go and what are must sees. I wonder if the Redwood drive, San Fran, Mendocino stretch would make a 4 day jaunt. Then day trip once to Lake Tahoe or Yosemite while in Sacramento for the cattle show. Then go south to Hearst Castle with a stop or 2 along the coast during the 4 days after the show. Could fly in to Sacramento and head to northeast coast. At the end of the trip could drive back from the southern end of the trip and fly out of Sacramento or Oakland or whatever. No experience here. Need big time help ASAP.

Green Gulch Farm
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Slide Ranch
Nature & Wildlife Areas, State Parks, Hiking Trails
1. Re: Which way to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:55 pm, January 11, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which way to go?

Thanks soooo much!

3. Re: Which way to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:33 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Muir Beach