We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain View gang activity

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Mountain View gang activity

Mountain View Gang activity.

I must recant my previous perceptions of safety in Mt View.

The local paper Mountain View Voice has been describing local gang activities. The June 8, 2007 issue is the fourth in a series of issues of this paper that details the gang situation in Mt View. This issue describes gangs within the Hispanic community here. It looks quite present in the Junior High, Middle School and High School (eg Los Altos High School) populations. It describes the peer pressures and violence (eg stabbing of a 22 year old man April 2007 on Tyrella Ave; and the shooting death of a Los Altos High School student on Rengstorff Ave in September 2004) in the cultures of the young people here.

CA
Level Contributor
898 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain View gang activity

I'd say that it's nowhere near the level of other areas around the bay, EPA for instance.

California
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain View gang activity

Yes, probably not the levels of some other towns in this area, but also not non-existent. In the other thread, some folk were not understanding why others were warning about certain areas of Mtn View.

There was a homicide in the park next to my son's preschool in late September. It appeared to be gang related between two people who knew each other. So while that kind of crime wouldn't threaten a non-gang person per se, news like that would make me not want to walk some areas of Mtn View at night alone.

3. Re: Mountain View gang activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mountain View
More Mountain View Topics