We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everitt Memorial Highway from I5 - how long to do it?

Which Mount Shasta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Everitt Memorial Highway from I5 - how long to do it?

Could anyone let me know how long it takes to drive all the way up and then back the Everitt Memorial Highway (which I think is also called the A10)?

Next April we are hoping to drive from Napa to Ashland, OR, in one day, with a side trip on the EMH - is this do-able?

Also, there won't be any snow up there in April - or will there? We're travelling from London, England, so will be hiring a car at SFO - therefore we won't have snowchains and stuff like that!

Thanks in advance for any help and advice :-)

DaviesUK

San Francisco
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Everitt Memorial Highway from I5 - how long to do it?

Hi There,

Napa to Ashland will be about a 6 hour trip alone, but you could do a side trip up EMH (as far as the road will take you) - sometimes there is snow up there in April, sometimes there's not, but by then the road is almost always clear at least to vista point, which is about 2/3 of the way to the end of the road. I've driven that road plenty of times in the past, but for some reason it's hard for me to estimate time (I was never in a hurry)...I'd say it's around 30 mins each way...it's a super easy trip from I5, but if you add that onto a day trip from Napa to Ashland, you might get pretty tired of driving. Or not! :-)

Enjoy - it's gorgeous up there.

2. Re: Everitt Memorial Highway from I5 - how long to do it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 01, 2009