We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch and Picnic Lunch in Morro Recommendations - Gourmand?

santa monica, ca
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch and Picnic Lunch in Morro Recommendations - Gourmand?

Hi, I'm returning to Morro for a short visit this weekend and would like to have a nice egg breakfast brunch before exploring Morro then buy a picnic lunch (or sandwiches) to take hiking at Montana de Oro. Any recommendations?

(I must admit to being a sandwich snob - I don't like processed lunch meat and I really appreciate crusty bread...)

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Morro Bay National Estuary
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Museum of Natural History
History Museums, Natural History Museums
Morro Rock
Geologic Formations
Level Contributor
37,627 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch and Picnic Lunch in Morro Recommendations - Gourmand?

The Inn at Morro Bay has a full breakfast buffet daily from 7-10 each morning. It's a beautiul property, we had a very nice stay there. :)

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch and Picnic Lunch in Morro Recommendations - Gourmand?

Well I hope it is not too late to respond, but on weekends, the Inn at Morro Bay has great 3 tiered Brunch in the Orchid restaurant. I just had a shrimp cocktail for the first course, eggs benedict for the second and triamisu for the 3rd. It's fun to pick and choose and they have mimosa's.

Also, Dorn's has good breakfasts and freshly squeezed orange juice and mimosa's.

I would heartily recommend La Parissiane for your lunch. They make all their bread fresh daily and they have some extraordinary sandwiches. Perfect for your hike.

Have a good time in Md'O!!

Mentioned in this post
Orchid
Orchid
6 Reviews
Morro Bay, CA
santa monica, ca
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch and Picnic Lunch in Morro Recommendations - Gourmand?

Thank you for your great suggestions!!!

4. Re: Brunch and Picnic Lunch in Morro Recommendations - Gourmand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 20, 2009