We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmer's Market

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Farmer's Market

I read that there is a Farmer's Market in Morro Bay on Thursday afternoons. (We would really like to visit the evening one in SLO, heard it is fantastic, but timewise that will not work out for our visit.) How is the one in Morro Bay? Is it a good one to visit with a nice variety of vendors? We would be looking to stock up on picnic items for dinner and also for a late lunch stop. Thanks!

Cambria, California
Destination Expert
for San Simeon, Cambria
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmer's Market

The Thursday Farmer's Market (2:30-5pm) in Morro Bay is great! There are about 30 vendors who are set up on the south side of the parking lot at Spencer's Market (on the east side of Highway 1, about 1 mile north of Highway 41 on Main Street). Fresh seasonal veggies and fruits (even wine grapes when in season), juices, honey, breads, and at the far end there are vendors selling prepared sandwiches and soups, so good place to stock up and catch a bite as well.

I think their prices are lower than at the San Luis Farmers Market, which is where most of these vendors go when they pack up at 5pm.

Edited: 9:35 pm, March 02, 2014
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmer's Market

Thanks! This sounds great!

Cambria, California
Destination Expert
for San Simeon, Cambria
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmer's Market

Forgot to mention that if the prepared foods for sale at the Farmer's market don't appeal to you, go inside Spencers where they have a deli and you can have a sandwich made.

Only real difference with this market vs. SLO, in my opinion, is there aren't BBQ ribs or the entertainment you find in SLO.

Enjoy!

Edited: 12:47 pm, March 03, 2014
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Farmer's Market

Hmmmmm..... Taco Temple is in THAT parking lot, too!! That's some pretty good eats. And the best carrot cake... EVER!

Cambria, California
Destination Expert
for San Simeon, Cambria
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Farmer's Market

Yep - one of my favorite food places in Morro Bay - the chocolate bread pudding is killer too!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Farmer's Market

Hmmmm.... might have to try the bread pudding when the carrot cake is sold out sometime.

The cheesecake is just meh.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Farmer's Market

Sounds even better!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Farmer's Market

Hey, BooKat (LOVE that name):

Just to let you know, Taco temple isn't your traditional Mexican food kinda place. It's California Fusion inspired with a Latin influence. The tacos are served open face and topped with a heap of fresh slaw type veggies and a savory cilantro lime dressing. Their Carnitas are divine!! A perfect mixture of crispy and tender at the same time.

And did I mention how good the carrot cake is? Get there early if you go and order the carrot cake FIRST if it's still on the menu board. It sells out quickly!! Yeah... it's THAT good!! :-)

Here's a video of a food critic trying Taco Taco Temple carrot cake for the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ask9zDyOc-w

Edited: 9:06 am, March 04, 2014
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Farmer's Market

OMG Kibbles, the carrot cake in that YouTube clip looked awesome! This place is definitely going on my list.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,496 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Farmer's Market

Yeah, hubby and I live 30 miles from Morro Bay, but we go there almost every week to eat at Taco Temple!! We don't even have to give them our order anymore. They know what we want, lol!!

BTW.... That slice of carrot cake is HUGE and can feed 4 people, I kid you not!! And it's only $6.00!!

Edited: 8:11 pm, March 04, 2014