We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach at morro bay

devon, uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
beach at morro bay

Hello

Could you tell me what the beach is like at Morro Bay please. Am looking to stay somewhere along the coast between Monterrey and Santa Barbara with a nice beach for two young children and some nice shops to look around for me! Where would you recommend? Morro Bay looks like a convenient stopping off point? Would like to stay somewhere for around 200 dollars with a pool.

Thanks

Level Contributor
36,334 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach at morro bay

The beach at Morro Bay is nice, there is Morro Rock right there which is cool. We like the Inn at Morro Bay, the beds are really comfy here, there is a pool and a small spa at the Inn, they also have a good on-site restaurant which is convenient. Some of the rooms have soft-tub jacuzzis out on the patios which are really nice.

Enjoy your time on the coast! :)

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach at morro bay

Hello Siena,

There is a wide, mostly clean beach in Morro Bay, on the north side of the Rock. However, sometimes it becomes infested with flies if a lot of seaweed has been drug up onto the beach.

Pismo Beach has the most family filled beaches with lots of shopping and restaurants. For a quiet beach with almost no one around, try Avila. And my family swore by Cayucos which is always clean and near some limited but cute shopping.

I would stay in one of these towns and try out a different beach every day!

$200 should get you a fine hotel at any of the local beach towns.

devon, uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach at morro bay

I appreciate your feedback. The whole coast sounds so lovely we can't wait until our trip... it's not til the summer so we have a while yet! Think Pismo beach sounds like a good choice but we will stop at Morro Bay on way there. Do you recommend visiting San Luis Obispo en route as well?

4. Re: beach at morro bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 14, 2009