We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Activities on Christmas Day?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Special Activities on Christmas Day?

hi, will be in Monterey on Christmas day. wondering how Christmas is celebrated in this part of the world. is there an evening church service that we can go to? thanks!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Activities on Christmas Day?

"St. Mary's-by-the-Sea" which is Episcopalian, has a beautiful old church on 12th St. (at Central) in Pacific Grove, the town next to Monterey. I believe they have both Xmas Eve and Xmas Day services, but I don't know what times. My husband grew up in Pacific Grove and his grandmother belonged to that congregation. You can contact the church office for info: (831) 373-4441 or Helen@StMarysbytheSea.org

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Activities on Christmas Day?

I don't know much about the church services here, but this link may help. It's a listing of the churches in the area--some of them have websites that you can look at for their service schedules, and others you can call. http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/yellowpages/ypresults.jsp;jsessionid

=QXUBDGY34L4MFQFI21HRNWQ?t=0&v=3&s=2&q=Churches&ci=

Monterey&st=CA&cv1=y&_requestid=336921

singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Activities on Christmas Day?

thank you both :) will check out the links. have arrived in LA! holiday begins :)

4. Re: Special Activities on Christmas Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 18, 2009