We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Accomodation in Monterey

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Family Accomodation in Monterey

We are hiring a car and we will be travelling down from San Fran to LA in early January 2006. We have two children who will be 11 and 4. We would like to stay in Monterey for 2 nights and would love some recommendations for good quality family accomodation.

Many thanks

Level Contributor
34,201 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Accomodation in Monterey

The Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa is wonderful for families. It is a bit pricey, tho.

If you are on a budget, The Monterey Beach Resort is also very nice, located directly on the beach. You will have to drive a bit to get to the Carmel/Monterey area, but the property is really nice.

I'd be happy to answer specific questions you might have on either property. Have a nice trip!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Accomodation in Monterey

Thanks so much for your help syrahgirl. My travel brochure also recommends The Beach Resort. We are not too fussed as long as it is clean.

We are having so much trouble deciding on where to stop and stay on our drive down the coast from SF to LA. Have you done this drive before?? We have heard it is a great drive and worth doing. As I am not a fan of sitting in a car all day we are thinking of 2 nights in Monterey, 1 in Cambria, 1 in Santa Barbara and then we will probably stay in Santa Monica or Beverly Hills for a few days before flying back home to Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Accomodation in Monterey

I thought I would add that prior to this driving section of our trip from SL to LA we will have spent 7nights in Disneyland, 11 nights in New York and 5 nights in San Fran. We just want to kick back after the hectic time that we will have in DL and NY.

CA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Accomodation in Monterey

We love to stay at the Monterey Bay Lodge while visiting the area. The hotel is small, but has a great location. We are able to walk to most of the area attractions. They do have Family Suites available. That is important to my family because after a long day it is nice to be able to go back to your room and have your own space while allowing the children to play and watch their own TV programsi n their own room. The kids also love the fact that they get to sleep in bunk beds.

Remeber to have fun.