We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best route : LA to Monterey

california
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best route : LA to Monterey

Hi folks,

I need your advise as to the fastest route from LA to Monterey Bay. I mapquest/Yahoo map it. It seems the same duration via 101 or I-5. I thought going through I-5 would be faster but now I am not sure.

Scott8888

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,002 posts
5,925 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best route : LA to Monterey

I-5 is generally fastest due to its main purpose is to move traffic quickly (i.e. no one is going slow to see the scenery.). As such, its the fastest road of the 2.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,381 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best route : LA to Monterey

The fastest route is definitely 5 to 46 West to 101 N to 68 West to the Montery Peninsula.

usa
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best route : LA to Monterey

we always take the 5 to carmel or monterey and always look forward to a meal at harris ranch.

4. Re: best route : LA to Monterey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, August 25, 2009