We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey part of CA trip

U.S
Level Contributor
264 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Monterey part of CA trip

Hello all - my wife and i with our 2 month old daughter will be in the Monterey area at Lover's point inn for 3 days, checking in on Mar 31 and checking out on Apr 3. I am trying to plan the 3 days we spend there (along with drive to Big sur) which is not too hectic given that we are traveling with a 2 month old. Based on reading through the posts, these are what I understand as important things to do. I am however not clear on how I should split this up across 3 days and if I need to add or remove any places. I would really appreciate some help.

1. Monterey Bay Aquarium

2. Fisherman's wharf

3. Cannery Row

4. Carmel village

5. Carmel by the sea

6. Carmel beach

7. Scenic rec trail

8. 17 mile drive

9. Point Lobos state park

10. Bixby Bridge

11. Point Sur Lighthouse

12. Pfeiffer Beach

13. McWay Falls @ Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park

14. Asilomar Beach

15. Lovers point park

Also, I heard it is a bit of a hassle parking in Monterey and Carmel. What is the recommended foot route to explore some of the sights in these places at a leisurely pace?

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Monterey part of CA trip

Day 1 is a little screwy. After the aquarium you won't have the energy to go all the way downtown just for lunch. Have lunch at the aquarium or on Cannery Row and THEN go downtown, Fisherman's Wharf, etc.

Fisherman's Wharf is about a mile or so from the aquarium (two miles from the Lovers Point Inn), and downtown is a few blocks farther.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

12. Re: Monterey part of CA trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 29, 2015