We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whale watching in early August

USA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
whale watching in early August

Greetings. Is the whale watching in early August generally good. I know it can vary day to day, but do local experts recommend going out at that time. Thanks a lot.

boston
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whale watching in early August

Hello, I see this is an older post, but if you are still wondering, I think it would be a good time to go whale watching. We went whale watching last year, and I began following the facebook page, and it seemed like they were having great sightings all summer.

Indianapolis...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: whale watching in early August

Hi SgtChee,

Whale watching occurs all year in Monterey. I went on a tour last May through Princess Monterey Whale Watching. We (my wife and I) enjoyed the experience but learned some things that we would do differently next time: http://ow.ly/uSpvV

There's a couple other touring companies in the area and they all seem to go to the same place. I'd recommend checking out reviews on different companies and looking through the recent sightings section of the Princess Monterey site to get a sense of the types of species you'll see. You can look at 2013 dates and see the types of species that were sighted in August. Different species come through different times of year.

Best,

Nick

Edited: 4:07 pm, March 23, 2014
3. Re: whale watching in early August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 25, 2015