We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback ride

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
107 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback ride

We will be in Monterey for a Sunday in August. We would like to rent kayaks but I'd like a back up plan in case fog on the bay makes for poor kayaking,

Are there any horseback rides along coast? Any other suggestions for unique ways to view the scenery?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback ride

I don't know about Monterey itself, but there is horseriding on the beach at Moss Landing, about 20 miles north. Monterey Bay Equestrian Center, 831-663-5712..

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback ride

Hi, there is a stable in Pebble Beach my husband & I rented from (I think it was called Pebble Beach Riding Academy or Pebble Beach Stables). Anyway, you have a guide, but the ride is very picturesque; you ride close to the beach (but not on the beach) and through a golf course (I believe it was Spyglass).

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
107 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback ride

Thank you very much. This is such a helpful forum!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
107 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback ride

Thank you very much. This is such a helpful forum!

5. Re: Horseback ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 14, 2009