We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching in early November?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Novi, Michigan...
12 posts
Whale watching in early November?

Hello,

My husband and I are taking a trip to California this November. We are trying to decide between whale watching in San Diego (we would be there around November 1st) Or Monterey Bay (around November 7th). I thought that grey whales migrated from mid-December to March, so I'm not sure if we will actually see anything. When I looked up information on Monterey, it said that humpback and killer whales can be seen in November. I also would love to see dolphins and sea lions, but I've always been interested in whales.

Thanks!

Amy

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
1. Re: Whale watching in early November?

There are whales in the Monterey Bay right now. I think some of the whale watching companies post info about their sightings on their websites.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Whale watching in early November?

Here is a link to previous threads on this very topic. You'll get some good information here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=whale+watching+november&scope=2&ff=159&geo=32737&returnTo=__2F__ShowForum__2D__g32737__2D__i159__2D__Monterey__5F__Monterey__5F__Peninsula__5F__California__2E__html

3. Re: Whale watching in early November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 07, 2014