We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One-day daytime art classes in Monterey?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
168 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
One-day daytime art classes in Monterey?

Hi - We will be in Monterey on Thursday and Friday of this week for a conference my husband is attending. I wanted to see if anyone knows of one-time art classes that are offered during the day? I am doing some google searches but wanted to see if any destination experts know of anything off hand? I'm trying to plan my personal itinerary since I will not be attending the conference. I've been to the MBA (loved it as a little kid and on our last visit), and walked Cannery Row areas on my own during our last visit 3 years ago.

My main hope is to find some local artists teaching day classes as I know Monterey has a thriving art community! Or,.. if all else fails, just bringing some of my paints and sitting on a seaside park bench and trying my hand at plein air!

Thanks in advance for your time and help! :o)

Christiane

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One-day daytime art classes in Monterey?

I'm not aware of any one-day art classes. The Carmel Art Association might be able to help you. Their gallery features local artists exclusively. http://carmelart.org/

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One-day daytime art classes in Monterey?

Pacific Grove Art Center might have something for you. http://www.pgartcenter.org/

Jane Flury teaches this class through the Carmel Adult School:

Beginning and Intermediate Watercolor-Carmel Adult School-Thursdays 9:30am-12:30pm at Vista Lobos, Third and Junipero, Carmel. Class works from still life and figure models but are welcome to work on their own projects. All media welcome.

​$65 - 10 week session. Drop-ins welcome, must pay for whole session. To register call the adult school: 624- 1714

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
168 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One-day daytime art classes in Monterey?

thank you both for your responses! i just realized that we won't be arriving until Thursday afternoon anyway, so Thursday will pretty much be gone with getting my husband to the conference, then registering into our hotel, etc. And I think I have an idea for something that will take up most of my day on Friday. I don't know why I thought we had more time than that.

Thank you again for your time! Looking forward to visiting beautiful Monterey this week!!!!

4. Re: One-day daytime art classes in Monterey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 26, 2014