We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in Marina,CA.?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
salt lake city
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
staying in Marina,CA.?

We are planning a summer vacation to SFO, Monterey and Carmel with our two girls age 9&12. I am thinking of booking a condo in Marina,CA. which is about 10 miles north of Monterey. Has anyone stayed at these condos(Marina Dunes) or have any comments on their location in conjunction with sightseeing in Monterey and Carmel?

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in Marina,CA.?

When I looked for Marina Dunes on TripAdvisor, 3 different Marina Dunes came up. One of them was Marina Dunes Resort. I've stayed there. I thought it was a very cool hotel/motel. (What is the difference between a motel and a hotel? But it's not a condo complex.) Excellent rooms, excellent grounds. It's located on the sand on the beach and is landscaped with native plants. There's lots of sand in Marina. You have to leave your car down in the parking lot, but every guest gets a golf cart of their own.

You will have to get in your car to go to Monterey/Carmel, but I guess you knew that. It's maybe only a 15 minute drive back into Monterey.

http://www.marinadunes.com/

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
64 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in Marina,CA.?

I'm a local so I haven't stayed at Marina Dunes, but the complex is very convenient to Hwy 1 (everything in Marina is - it's not very big) and just ten minutes from Monterey sights, 20 minutes from Carmel.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying in Marina,CA.?

I've stayed there and like it a lot. You are RIGHT on/above the beach, and the 15 minute drive can be a nice 'getaway' rather than staying in the heart of all the tourist attractions.

There is a steakhouse there and a Denny's a two minute drive away.....I THINK you'll want to have some of your own food on hand there, but check it out.

Keep your eye open for deals....their rack rates are very high but they run a lot of specials that are very reasonable.