We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-range Hotel

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-range Hotel

We are planning a visit to Monterey the first week in August. We are looking at the Victorian Inn. Is this a good mid-range hotel? We wanted to keep the cost to about $200 a night. However, I am weird about outdoor corridors, etc., that a lot of Monterey hotels have. Any suggestions?

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-range Hotel

Victorian Inn is a Best Western represented hotel but has interior corridors. Depending on your price quoted, could or could not be a great deal.

Good things: fireplaces in every room, continental breakfast includes, walk to Cannery Row and the Aquarium, plenty of parking.

Not so good things: sometimes not the best value (e.g. August midweek for over $179 would be too pricey I think), parking surcharge, stiff cancellation penalty, first floor rooms tend to be dark, some rooms noisy/close to street.

You can try a local room finding service like www.montereyvisitorsguide.com or the Monterey CVB at montereyinfo.org to get some assistance on finding a suitable room by local experts as well.

In downtown Monterey or Cannery Row area in the price range with interior corridors, some places to look into would be the Monterey Hotel and the Portola Plaza Hotel. Good Luck!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-range Hotel

Thank you! You were very helpful.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,580 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-range Hotel

If it means anything, the Victorian Inn is not listed in AAA. I looked to see if I could get their rating for it.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-range Hotel

Victorian Inn is AAA rated 3 diamonds. Not found in the book under V but under "Best Western Victorian Inn"

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,580 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid-range Hotel

Ah, yes, found it. It belongs to a group...www.innsofmonterey.com

6. Re: Mid-range Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 14, 2009