We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about Marina CA for one night on May 27?

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SC
1 post
Save Topic
What about Marina CA for one night on May 27?

Is the Comfort Inn there ok for one night? How close to the beach? Is it clean and safe?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,419 posts
5,364 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What about Marina CA for one night on May 27?

Marina is safe area to stay - it is very close to the beach area (walkable). It is a great place to watch "wind surfers". (Note the word "wind" as it can be "quite windy here at times". However for the "price" and "easy drive to Monterey area" its quite fine to stay here. Lodging is clean/safe and reasonably priced. (Note: You may want to compare the prices with Monterey Beach Resort - Best Western. If they are comparably priced, Monterey Beach Resort is nicer place to stay. Generally however Marina prices are the "best" in terms of lowest cost. Its your basic motel - but you'll just be sleeping there - so quite pleasant.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What about Marina CA for one night on May 27?

Below is my post to another TA just this week regarding the Monterey area...here is a description of the renovated Motel 6 in Marina that I stopped to investigate after a good experience in San Simeon.

"A real surprise to me this week is the $49.00 (?weekday/off season) bargain of a deal for a Motel 6 at Marina (Reservation Rd off ramp about 9 miles north of Monterey). This, among many other 6s and Accor motels, has currently been renovated with new paint, carpet and furnishings. I stopped in to have a look after staying at a similarly just recently refurbished and refurnished 6 in San Simeon (the former Holiday Inn). I had given up on 6s as rundown relics of the 60s, but some CEO is breathing new life into them The rate kind of balances out gas prices for me on a senior budget...what a pleasant shock."

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What about Marina CA for one night on May 27?

P.S. That is for a double q.size with online reservation (10% savings over a phone reservation or walk-in). Anyway, safe and clean, about a 5-min drive to the beach and easy drive 9 miles from Monterey.

4. Re: What about Marina CA for one night on May 27?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 12, 2009